Shopping for a “drone-obsessed” friend or family member? Christmas is almost upon us, and I have decided to think of a general guide to choose a gift that will make happy anyone interested in cool gadgets, quadcopters and Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Catch them off guard with gifts that will put a smile on their faces. I recommend you to read my Drones and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Series before buying any aerial platforms.
1. ($$$) DJI Inspire 1: A complete ready-to-fly system, the Inspire 1 is complete ready-to-fly system. Carbon fiber arms give you the strength to maneuver in the air and they transform, moving out of the camera’s way at the flick of a switch. With a full 360⁰ unobstructed view, you now have the freedom to capture shots independent of the direction you are flying. Learn more about the DJI Inspire 1. You can always visit the DJI Store.
BUY: DJI Inspire 1
2. ($$$) For the Unfettered Adventurer: DSLRPros Expedition Series P2 Aerial Kit has been specially designed for artists and thrill seekers who refuse to have their creativity limited. The bullet modified motors and ESCs make repairs and replacements easy to perform while on the go. Experience super long range video reception tested up to 1.2 miles with the new DSLRPros video Rx Antenna. The included Travel Backpack comfortably fits all that you need to take your aerial kit to the remote locations you never thought possible. You can also consider buying a DJI Phantom or a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter if your budget is limited. You can also visit the DJI Store.
BUY: DSLRPros Expedition Series P2 Aerial Kit
3. ($$) Automatic Mission Planning: Powered by 3DR’s world famous autopilot, the new 3d Robotics Iris+ Multicopter is a robot that will automatically fly itself where you tell it to go, while keeping a camera dead steady with two-axis gimbal stabilization. Using the free DroidPlanner app, IRIS+ users can plan flights by simply drawing a flight plan on any Android tablet or phone. Check the Iris+ Multicopter now.
BUY: 3d Robotics Iris+ Multicopter 915 Mhz 3DR IRIS+
4. ($$) Fat Shark Predator V2 FPV RTF Headset System Video Goggle GLASS CAMERA: Experience your radio-controlled vehicle from the pilot’s view point. Commonly it is used to pilot an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), an onboard camera, fed wirelessly to video goggles or a video monitor.
BUY: Fat Shark FATSHARK Predator V2 FPV RTF Headset System Video Goggle GLASS CAMERA
5. ($$) Jumping Sumo with FPV: The Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sum jumps over 2.5 feet high and always falls back on its wheels. Its equipped with a wide angle camera that streams live immersive views on the piloting screen. I am sure the Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo will bring lots of fun to your home.
BUY: Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo
6. ($$) Backpack Bag for your Phantom: With Extremely light weight, this Backpack Bag fits the DJI Phantom 1, DJI Phantom 2 Vision, DJI Phantom 2 Vision+, DJI Phantom 2 + Gimbal or DJI Phantom FC40, Fits Extra Accessories GoPro Cameras and Laptop. You can also check other backpacks available in the market.
BUY: Backpack Bag for DJI Phantom (fits all models) / Check all models
7. ($$) Pebble Smartwatch for iPhone and Android: Hands-free aerial camera control is now a reality. Using a device with a built-in GPS and OTG (on the go) technology and a DroidPlanner app, the new 3d Robotics Iris+ will follow our Pebble Smartwatch for iPhone and Android (Black). DroidPlanner will work with all these devices.
BUY: Pebble Smartwatch for iPhone and Android (Black)
8. ($) A Tripod for FPV Pilots: The Manfrotto Compact Tripod is perfect to support small monitors for those who enjoy First Person View flying.
9. ($) The Hubsan X4, an Old Time Favorite: Along with the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter, this 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter helped me polished my flying skills on my early beginnings. Need some skills? Get a Hubsan X4 today.
BUY: Hubsan X4 / Parrot AR.Drone 2.0
10. ($) Buy a Book: As Maurice Sendak once said, “There’s so much more to a book than just the reading.” Here are some suggestions or just check my Cool Stuff List for Drone and Unmanned Vehicle enthusiasts.
- Drone / UAV Dictionary: Includes 300 Commercial UAV Applications
- Cool stuff for Drone and Unmanned Vehicle enthusiasts
- Drone Entrepreneurship: 30 Businesses You Can Start
- Small Unmanned Aircraft: Theory and Practice
- Drone University
- The beginner’s guide to Fpv (B&W)
- GoPro Cameras For Dummies
- Drones For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
10+1. ($) Kike Calvo’s Drone Gifts: Inspired by my passion for flying sUAV, I have developed a product collection, that include baseball hats, mugs, mouse pads, key chains, T-Shirts and many other items that will make your loved ones smile.
Your purchases help support this Blog. Thank You so much.
Check Kike’s gifts now: Kike Calvo’s Drone Gifts
Follow Kike Calvo on Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Web, Tumblr, LinkedIn or Instagram.
Learn More About Drones:
Kike Calvo´s Drone Collections
Drone / UAV Dictionary: Includes 300 Commercial UAV Applications
Drones: Their Many Civilian Uses and the U.S. Laws Surrounding Them.
Cool stuff for Drone and Unmanned Vehicle enthusiasts
Drone Entrepreneurship: 30 Businesses You Can Start
Small Unmanned Aircraft: Theory and Practice
Introduction to Unmanned Systems: Air, Ground, Sea & Space
UAV Fundamentals Executive Course
How to Start an Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle (UAV) Business Course on DVD
Getting Started with Hobby Quadcopters and Drones: Learn about, buy and fly these amazing aerial vehicles
Introduction to Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Fly by Wire Aircraft: Fighters, Drones, and Airliners
Introduction to Remote Sensing, Fifth Edition
Popular minicopters and drones include:
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal
3d Robotics Iris+ Multicopter 915 Mhz 3DR IRIS+
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Jungle
Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider
MaxSale Hubsan X4 H107C 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter With Camera Mode 2 RTF